ASTRA is a swipe collector system that captures the employees attendance swipes and sends the data, directly to greytHR.
In order to import the swipe details, ASTRA has to be mapped with the greytHR servers.
Perform the following steps, to map ASTRA with greytHR:
greytHR identifies multiple ASTRA systems, based on their unique IP address/ installation name. The ASTRA system is enhanced to record the name of the installation. If there is an inactive/ deactivated installation, the same is marked as Inactive in greytHR.
greytHR receives a ping from ASTRA servers, every one hour. The health of ASTRA is displayed in a list, based on the number of installations and can be identified in the following ways:
- If a ping is received from the ASTRA server, it states that it's healthy.
- If a ping is not received, the greytHR server will wait for another three hours for the ping. The following actions are taken later:
- If a ping is received within three hours of waiting, it states that ASTRA is healthy.
- If a ping is not received after three hours, it states that ASTRA's health is in danger. An email and SMS notification is sent immediately to the ASTRA Admin, by greytHR.
- If any one of the installation is not working/ running, a message is displayed. This will be displayed at the top of the list.
- Inactive installations will not be displayed.
The manual sync allows users to request attendance data, manually using greytHR. The user can send only three requests for manual sync of data, at a time. The validations for sending requests are as follows:
- Attendance data that can be request for the maximum of 31 days, per request.
- The To Date must be greater than From Date.
- The From Date and To Date fields, must not be in the future dates.
- The difference between From Date and To Date must not exceed 31 days.
- A request cannot be sent for the already existing dates under pending requests.
- Pending requests by other users, cannot be deleted by you.
- Manual sync cannot be requested when Attendance is locked.
Manual sync is allowed for versions ASCA 3.0 and above. If you are using an older version, please upgrade your license, for all the privileges.