Where can admin see the attendance information?
You can see the attendance information of the employees, on the Attendance Information page. To navigate to this page, click Leave > Information > Attendance Info.appears.
Which report must be referred for monthly attendance details?
greytHR provides you multiple reports to get details of monthly attendance. Navigate to Reports > Reports Gallery and search for Attendance Summary Report and Attendance Consolidated Report. These reports provide details of monthly attendance of employees.
Apart from reports, you can also view the monthly attendance data per employee along with their Sick Leave and other holiday information, under Attendance Muster. To navigate to the Attendance Muster page, click Leave > Information > Attendance Muster.
How can admin assign shifts?
As an admin, you can assign shifts in the following two way:
- For individual employees from the Shift Roster page—to navigate to this page, click Leave > Shift Roster and then double-click on the employee for whom you want to assign (or modify the assigned shift) referring on the legends appearing at the bottom of the page. The shift gets assigned to the employee.
- For a set of employees from the Attendance Scheme page—to know about the functionality, refer Create an Attendance Scheme.
How to add new shifts into the system?
To assign new shifts into the system, perform the following steps:
- System Setting > Attendance > Shift.
- Click . The Add Shift page appears.
- Type the shift name in the Shift text box.
- Type the shift code in the Shift Code text box. The value can be of maximum four characters.
- Define the In time and Out time for Session 1 and Session 2. Also define the grace period that you want to set for the two sessions.
- In the Shift In Margin text box, define the margin for your shift hours.
- Define the minimum hours for half and full day.
- Click . A message is displayed informing that the shift is created.
How and where to update access card number in system?
Access card number can be updated by performing the following steps:
- Click Employee > Information > Access Card Details. Access Card Details page appears.
- In the Search field, type the employee name for whom the details are to added.
- Click .
- In the Access Card Number field, type the number.
- Select From Date and To Date from the calendar that appears.
- Click . Your saved data appears on the Access Card Details page.
Can Admin modify Attendance Information of an Employee?
Yes, Admin can modify day type and shift in attendance information for an employee.
Where can admin view current day's attendance status of employee?
Current day's attendance status of an employee is available under Who Is In section. The data is listed for a day and for a selected Shift. To navigate, click Leave > Main > Who Is In.
- Click to export to MS Excel if required.
The complete attendance at the time of your log in displays in a table format in the default Not Yet In tab. You can select required date and other values from the filter bar to customize your view. Click to view values as a list. Click the Late In or On Time tabs to view corresponding values.
How to assign shifts for an employee?
Admin can assign shifts from the Attendance Scheme page and then map them to the employees. Perform the following steps to create an Attendance Scheme.
- Click + Add Attendance Scheme. The Add Attendance Scheme page appears.
- Type the name for the Attendance Scheme in the Scheme Name text box.
- In the Shift Rotation Policy field, select the appropriate Shift Rotation Policy from the drop-down list.
- In the Weekend Policy field, select the appropriate Weekend Policy from the drop-down list. The Edit Weekend Policy icon ( ) appears beside the chosen Weekend Policy. Click on the edit icon to further modify the Weekend Policy that you have chosen.
- In the Actual Hour Computation field, select the logic for computing the actual hours.
- In the Attendance Policy field, select the appropriate Attendance Policy from the drop-down list.
- In the Employee Filter field, select one of already created filters, from the drop-down list. Click the Create an Employee Filter. Add New Filter icon to create a new Employee Filter. To know more about creating Employee Filter, refer
- Click Save. A message is displayed informing that the Attendance Scheme is created. The scheme is then assigned to the selected employees according to the chosen filter.
Where and how to define weekly-offs?
You can define weekly-offs for bulk and particular employees. Perform the following steps to define weekly offs for multiple employees:
- Click System Settings > Leave > Weekend Policy.
- Click . You can also select an appropriate policy from the predefined list available.
- Click to setup your own weekly policy.
- Click to save your changes.
Perform the following steps to define weekly offs for a particular employee:
- Click Leave>Setup>Advanced>Employee Weekdays.
- Click . An Add/Edit Employee Week Days page appears.
- In the Search field, type the employee name for whom you want to assign weekly off.
- Select From Date and To Date from the calendar that appears.
- To mark a particular day as weekly off, select Off for that day from the drop-down list.
- Click . Your data will appear on the Employee Week Days page.
How to assign weekly off?
To assign weekly off to employees, perform the following steps:
- Click System Settings > Leave > Leave Scheme.
- In the leave scheme page, select the predefined scheme.
- In the Weekend Policy field, select or type an appropriate policy.
In the Employee Filter field, select the filter for which you want to assign weekly off or clickto add a new filter.
To add a new filter, perform the following steps:
Click to add a new filter.
In the Employee Filter pop-up window, type details in the Quick or Custom tabs.
Click The Employee Filter page displays with the new filter.
Click. Your Leave Policy will be saved and appear on the Leave Scheme page.
To add a new Leave Scheme, perform the following steps:
- Click to add a new scheme.
- In the Scheme Name field, type a scheme name.
- In the Weekend Policy field, select an appropriate policy from the drop-down.
- In the Employee Filter field, select a predefined filter or click to add a new filter.
- Click . Your data will appear on the Leave scheme page.
How to regularize attendance in absence of the manager?
Admin can also regularize attendance using greytHR in absence of the manager.
Click Workflow > Monitor > Attendance Regularization.
A list of active (pending) items displays. Click the List drop-down list to view completed items.
Click an active item to view its details.
Clickagainst the date for which attendance is requested.
- You need to process request date wise before processing the complete item. Note the Accepted message in green to indicate that request is processed for the corresponding date.
- Enter remarks, if any, when you accept or reject.
Click Accept for the request. A success message displays.
In the Attendance Regularization page, select Completed from the List drop-down list to view processed items.
Click an item to view its details.
The Employee Self Serve of the employee will also reflect the completed status under Activities > Track > Attendance Regularization > Completed.
Where can admin see attendance swipes in the system?
You can monitor the swipe data per employee. The data is drawn from Employee Portal. Click Leave > Information > Employee Swipes.
How to configure Attendance Events?
You can push notifications to various users of greytHR before, on, or after an event. You can select a combination of trigger periods and channels. Apply filters to send to required employees.
- Go to System Settings > Miscellaneous > Event Notification.
- Click .
Select the module or category of event, event type, and receiver.
If receiver is EMPLOYEE_USER then you need to select the individual employee.
Select the time of sending the notification as before, on, or after the event.
If notification is to be sent before event date then set the number of days ahead of which the notification is to be sent and repeated (1). Also, click required channel and select the Enable <channel> check box (2) to indicate preferred channel and enable its template.
The text editor opens and you can make changes to default text or compose your own.
You can also compose your own template. Click to restore the default template.
When you select multiple notifications, they display one below the other.
Select required employee filter.
By default, notification is sent to all employees unless receiver type is EMPLOYEE_USER. For the Mail event type, you can select the specific sender and CC list.
A success message displays. The new notification displays in the Event Notification page.
You can enable/pause, edit, or delete the notification.
How many events can be configured for attendance module?
The following events can be configured for attendance module:
- Document Upload
What is attendance override?
greytHR affords you the privilege, as an Admin, to manually override the attendance of an employee.
- Click Leave > Admin > Manual Override.
Select an employee and set the date range to view details for.
Click the Show button to refresh display whenever you modify the date range. The default view is by employee. Click the Date Wise tab to view the attendance for the same range by session for all employees.
Select a value from the Override drop-down list of a day to modify it.
You can view the Override values as time or status (default view).
In the Remarks text box, enter remarks if any.
- Click to confirm your changes.
- A message displays to indicate successful save.
- Your changes reflect in the Attendance Muster page.
What is attendance exception? When to use it?
As an Admin, you sometimes need to allow an exception in attendance for an employee such as when an employee attends only one of the sessions in a shift (Partial Present) or their is maintenance activity (Plant Shutdown). greytHR facilitates this by type of attendance status.