As an Admin, you can view the plans already declared by the employees and also create a plan on their behalf. Navigate to Payroll > Published Info > IT Declaration to create a plan on behalf of the employees and also edit them if required.
Perform the following steps to create a plan on behalf of an employee.
Select the employee on behalf of whom, you want to create a plan.
Plans already created by the employee are displayed under the Declared by employee section.
Click on + Create New Plan. A page appears displaying your potential amount, actual amount and the gap in between the potential and actual amount.
- Ratings are displayed based on the gap value. This helps you decide if the plan suits best.
- At a time, you can create only one plan for an employee.
Figure 1: Create a plan on behalf of the employee
- As per the Income Tax rules, declare the savings for the employee, under the different sections.
You can also add a remark for the employee while creating the plan on behalf.
Based on the declarations that you make, the Potential amount, the Actual amount and the Gap value changes. The ratings help you decide if the plan suits you well.
- Click Consider. The plan is created and now appears under the Declared by admin section. The plan also appears as approved for the employee.
- Based on the declarations that you make, the Potential amount, the Actual amount and the Gap value changes. The ratings help you decide if the plan suits you well.
- Potential Amount is the total amount that an individual can declare as per the maximum allowable exemptions under the various sections.This amount does not depend on the Taxable Income.
- Actual Amount is the amount that an individual actually declares in a particular plan.
- The following texts appearing on a plan, aides in easily identifying the status associated with a plan.
- APPROVED—appears when a plan is approved by the Admin.
- IN PROCESS—appears when a plan is in the process of getting approved.
- OVERRIDDEN—appears when a previously approved plan(of the same month) is overridden by a plan created by the Admin.
Apart from creating a plan on behalf of an employee, you can also perform the following actions from this page:
- Clone a Plan—You can clone any of the displayed plans from this page. Click the Clone Plan icon ( ) appearing at the top-right corner of a particular plan to clone the plan. The plan gets cloned and appears at the starting of the list.
- Download a Plan—Click the Download Plan icon (
) to download Form 12BB associated with a plan. Form 12BB is a statement showing the particulars of the claim, as mentioned in a particular (declared) plan. As per the Income Tax Rules, an employee must submit a hard copy of Form 12BB to the employer along with the signature.