The Shift Roster page provides an overview of your team members' shift details for the previous, current, and future months. The Shift Roster page allows you to override the existing planned shifts and take some strategic decisions (for example, leave approvals and shift assignments). The changes made on this page reflect throughout the Attendance module. You can filter and search for a particular team member and view his/her shift details. You can also download the month-wise shift roster for all your team members. On the Shift Roster page, you can perform the following actions:
- View shift legends.
- View team members shift details based on the filters.
- Override a team member's shift details.
- Download the shift roster for a month.
To navigate to Shift Roster page, click Attendance > Shift Roster.
Viewing Shift Legends
To view and understand shift legends used by your company, perform the following actions:
- Navigate to Shift Roster page, click Attendance > Shift. Shift Roster page opens.
- Click Legends. Legends side bar opens.
- In Legends side bar, you can view different Day Types, Summary Codes, Shift Codes and respective Keyboard Shortcuts.
Viewing Team Members Shift Details based on the Filters
You can filter your team members based on Designation and Location. To view details of your team members based on the filters, perform the following actions:
- On the Shift Roster page, click . Apply Filter side bar opens.
- From the Designation drop-down list, select the required designations.
- From the Location drop-down list, select the required locations.
- Click Apply. Employee name list is updated with the filtered employees.
- In the Enter Emp. Name or Id search box, enter the employee name or employee ID.
- The selected employee's shift details are displayed in the Summary table.
Overriding a Team Member's Shift Details
There might be scenarios when you will require to modify and override a team member's allotted shifts. The Shift Roster allows you to modify your team member's shift details. To override shift details, perform the following actions:
- Navigate to Attendance > Shift. The Shift Roster page opens.
- In the Summary table, under Shift Days, click the shift cell of an employee for the date for which you must override the shift.
- Select the relevant keyboard shortcut corresponding to the shift you want to assign to the employee.
- Click on screen anywhere outside the Summary table. The employee's shift is updated now.
Download the Shift Roster for a Month
You can download the shift roster for the selected duration. To download the shift roster, perform the following actions:
- On the Shift Roster page, from the month drop-down list, select the month for which you want to download the shift roster.
- Click download the shift roster for the selected month. to
- Helpdesk Page - To learn more about the Manager's ESS portal from our helpdesk page, click here.
- Video - To watch the video on the ESS portal, click here.