Organizations, especially the HR & Finance departments, undertake activities that are recurring, need coordination between multiple stakeholders, follow-ups, collaboration and manual intervention, at all touchpoints. Such activities can lead to a lot of human error, stressed and burnt-out employees, and also difficult to manage and track. With Tasks for your team, its work and the conversations around that work, all organized and clear. The Tasks also help in maintaining transparency and accountability within the employees in an organization.
To navigate to Tasks page, click Tasks > Tasks.
You can view all your open tasks here.
Click tab to view your open tasks. The number next to Open indicates the number of incompleted tasks.
You can view all your completed tasks here.
Click tab to view your completed tasks. The number next to Closed indicates the number of closed tasks.
How to create a New Task?
Perform the following steps to create a new task:
- Click button to open Add Task widget.
- In Task Name textbox, enter the name of your task. Task Name is a mandatory field and you must enter a task name to create a task.
- Click and enter the assignee name in Search Assignee search box. Select the required assignee from the search results.
- Click and enter the checklist name in Search Checklist search box. Select the required checklist from the search results.
- Click Due On and select the due date of task from the calendar.
- Select the option as required.
- In Write a description textbox, enter your description that explains the task details.
- Click Comments tab and add your comment in Comment here textbox. You can also attach a file here by clicking icon.
- Click Tags tab and click . Enter the required tag name in Search Tags search box and select the required tag from the search results. You can also create new tags here. Enter the required tag name in Search Tags search box and hit enter on your keyboard. The entered tag will be created as the new tags.
- Click Followers tab and click . Enter the required follower name in Search Follower search box and select the required follower from the search results.
- Click Save Changes to create your new task.
How to search, sort, and group the tasks?
You can search, sort and group the tasks as per your requirements.
Searching a specific Task
Perform the following actions to search for a particular task:
- On your Tasks page, click .
- Enter the keyword in your Search Task(s) search box. Search results will display as per the entered keyword.
Sorting the Tasks
Perform the following action to sort the tasks:
- To sort your tasks, click any header item such as Task, Checklist, Assignee, Priority and Completed On. Refer the below screenshot:
Grouping the Tasks
Perform the following action to group the tasks:
To group your tasks, click and drag the header items to Drag the Checklist, Assignee or Priority labels here to group the tasks field. Refer the below screenshot:
You can only group the tasks with respect to Checklist, Assignee, and Priority.
How to Apply Filter for viewing Tasks?
You can apply the filter(s) based on the available categories for viewing the open/ closed tasks. Perform the following actions to apply the filter:
- Click icon. Apply Filter widget opens.
- Click drop-down menu of filter categories such as Smart Filters, Priority, and Assignee. Choose the required filter item from drop-down menu.
- Click Due Date and select the due date of task from the calendar.
- Under Checklists. click Add Checklists. Enter the checklist name in Search Checklist search box and select the required checklist from the search results.
- Under Tags. click Add Tags. Enter the tag name in Search Tags search box and select the required checklist from the search results.
- Click Apply to apply the category filter. You will see a confirmation message as Filter Applied.