Release Version: 5.3.3
23 September, 2016
What's New in this Release
Following are the list of enhancements that are part of Release 5.3.3:
Attendance Module in the Mobile Application
- The Attendance module is now available on the mobile application.
- The Attendance dashboard has the following options:
- Recent Swipes
- Monthly Summary
- Exception Days
- As the Mark Attendance feature cannot be restricted to the office IP address only, this feature is not available right now.
- Apart from this, the Attendance module functions in the similar fashion as it does over the web, for both employee and manager.
- The Absent Days tab on the web application, appears as Exception Days on the mobile application.
- The monthly summary is dispalyed in Calendar and Shift view.
- Shift View has legends and Shift Codes explaining the assigned shifts.
- Regularize comes as an action button on the Monthly Summary screen. However, to track the pending and completed items and for other details, user has to navigate to the Regularization screen.
- For a Manager, the Attendance module comes with the following added advantages:
- The Who is in? screen has additionally details of employees who are on leave.
- The option to manually override the attendance of an employee is available under the Calendar view itself.
Attendance Module Migration
- Customers using the Attendance V1 to be prompted to migrate to the Attendance V2.
- On first time login after Release 5.3.3 goes live, a dialog box appears informing the Admin about the new Attendance module.
- On clicking the Migrate Now button appearing at the bottom of the dialog box, the migration process is initiated. A dialog box appears informing that it takes about 30 minutes for the process to complete. On clicking OK, the Admin is logged out of the greytHR application.
- When the Admin logs on to the greytHR application after completion of the migration process, the new Attendance module appears.
- The options appearing under the Attendance group of System Settings, are now replaced with some new options. Refer to Attendance Settings to know more about the various options under the new Attendance module.
- The Employee Shift Rotation page under Leave > Admin, no longer appears in the new Attendance module.
- A new option, Attendance Period Finalisation appears under Leave > Admin. From this page, the Admin can finalise the attendance of the employees based on the deductions they are entitled for. To know more about the functionality, refer to Finalising Attendance Period.
- In the new Attendance module, the Admin can view the complete attendance data for an employee on the Attendance Info page after processing the swipe, leaves, holidays, and attendance regularization. To know more about the functionality, refer to Attendance Info. Employees can see their attendance information with details specific to their entitled deductions and the associated rule. Legends related to the status of a particular day are displayed at the bottom of the Attendance Info page. On clicking a particular day, the details of the associated rule and the in line action for it, is displayed.
- Refer to Difference between Attendance V1 and V2 to understand version 2.0 well and figure out the areas in which it is different from the previous version.
- Admin can any time refer the old Attendance module and the various configurations under it. The button appears on the Attendance Scheme page of the new Attendance module. On clicking this button, a PDF file with the complete details of the old Attendance module is downloaded.
- The downloaded PDF is named Attendance Configuration Backup and contains the following information about the old Attendance module:
- Shift Rotation Plan
- Absent Marking Criteria
- Employee Shift Rotation
- The Admin can now fix the scope of FBP components by defining policies.
- Employees can choose from the various FBP components that are offered to them. But they can declare these components only based on the policies that are predefined by the Admin.
- Following is the brief of the policies that Admin can define:
- Mutual Inclusion—When Admin defines a component as mutually exclusive, then the related components that cannot be further declared must also be defined. For example, let us consider Driver Allowance and Conveyance Allowance as mutually exclusive components. Then while defining Driver Allowance, Admin must also define Conveyance Allowance. Based on this policy, employee can declare any one of the mutually exclusive components.
- Dependant—When Admin defines a component as dependent on other components, then either all or any of its dependant components must be declared. For example, if Admin defines Driver Allowance as dependent on Car Maintenance Allowance, then while declaring Driver Allowance, employee must have already declared Car Maintenance Allowance.
- Quantity Based—While defining a component as quantity based, Admin needs to mention the base vaue for the component. Based on the base value that Admin sets and the quantity that employee chooses, the declaration amount is determined. For example, let us assume that Admin has defined Food Coupons as a quantity based component with a base value of Rs. 500. So, when employee chooses five booklets of food coupons, the declared amount is considered to be, Rs. 500 * 4 = Rs. 2000.
- Opt In—Admin can mark a component as Opt In. If employee opts for a component, then the entitled amount for that component, is automatically considered as the declared amount for the employee. Employee cannot modify this amount. For example, if the component, Food Coupons, has an entitlement of Rs. 1500 and Admin marks it as an Opt In component, then the complete entitlement, that is Rs. 1500 is considered the declared amount for the employee.
- To know more about the procedure involved in defining a policy, refer, FBP Policy.
- Admin can either define a component as Quantity Based or Opt In.
- Based on this enhancment, the FBP Declaration page for an employee, now displays an extra column named Preference. This column behaves in the following manner:
- In case of a quantity based component, employee needs to type the quantity. The declared amount is calculated by multiplying the quantity with the base value.
- If Admin marks a component as Opt In, a drop-down list appears under this column. Employee can only choose Yes or No from the drop-down list, indicating whether they want to declare this amount or not.
The enhancements made on the Arrears page, now allows the Admin to perform the following tasks:
- Process arrears for all employees or for an individual employee in a batch
- Process arrears for all or selected batches by clicking the Process and Process All buttons respectively
- View details of the payroll month, employee count and date from which the arrear is effective (with respect to the batch)
- Expand each batch to see the employee number, employee name and arrear amount
- Edit a batch, delete an employee or a batch, view statement of a batch or employee
Filter employees based on payroll month, employee filter, employee name, employee number, effective date and batch name
On selecting the option All in the Payroll month filter, both the Process and Process All buttons are disabled.
Optimized UI for Salary Inputs
- The UI of the Salary page has been enhanced. The effort involved in editing various salary components such as Income Tax, Loan and Reimbursement, is now reduced.
- Income Tax, Loan and Reimbursement are now available as separate options under the Payroll Inputs menu of the Payroll module.
- The individual pages of these three components still remains the same and can be accessed in the following two ways:
- By clicking the Loan, Income Tax and Reimbursement options that are now created under the Payroll Inputs menu
- By editing the Loan, Income Tax and Reimbursement components from the Salary page
- The Back to Salary button appears at the bottom of the Loan, Income Tax and Reimbursement pages. On clicking which, the Admin is taken back to the Salary page.
For more information or immediate assistance with the greytHR application, reach out to our support team at,
Phone: +91-80-40225900 (The greytHR support team is available on phone during office hours (9:30 AM to 6:30 PM, Monday to Friday.)
You can even submit your query in our Contact page.
All text and images contained in this documentation, are the copyright of Greytip Software Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru.