In Overtime Register page, you can view complete information related to overtime such as the total number of OT hours done for the selected month, total OT hours paid, the total number of arrears and reversals. You can view a complete list and details of all the employees who have done overtime. You can view different types of overtime like regular, arrear or reversal OT. Overtime Register page allows you to reprocess OT payout in case there are salary revisions. It also allows you to download the overtime Register for sharing it with government bodies for statutory purposes.
If you open the Overtime Register page for the first time, there won't be any data available. You can view data by locking payroll. To navigate to the Overtime Register page, click Payroll > Payroll Inputs > Overtime Register.
Viewing Data in Overtime Register Page
By default, Overtime Register page is an empty screen with no visible data. Kindly note that you must lock the payroll for the required month to view the overtime hours data. Every time you consider additional employees for overtime, you must lock payroll. Perform the following actions to lock payroll:
- Navigate to Payroll > Main > Overview > Payroll Inputs.
- Select the required month from the drop-down menu.
- Click Lock in the Payroll Inputs option to view data in Overtime Register page.
After the payroll is locked, you can view the following details on Overtime Register page:
Information available on Overtime Register page
You can view complete information related to overtime on Overtime Register page. Following is a short description of all the details available in Overtime Register page:
- Total OT Hours: Total OT Hours is a sum of the Arrears, Reversal, and Regular Overtime hours for all the employees for the selected payroll month.
- Total OT Paid/Payable: The Total OT Paid is the total amount to be paid for the entire payroll month. If the payslip is not released for employees, it is visible as Total OT Payable.
- Total OT Arrears: The arrear amount that will be paid in the current payroll month is called Total OT Arrears.
- Total OT Reversals: Total OT Reversals is the reversal amount that will be deducted in the current payroll month.
Employee: This column displays a list of name and ID of all the employees who were considered for overtime payout.
- Gender: The overtime payout is different for different gender depending on the statutory guidelines. Hence, the gender of the employees is mentioned in this column.
- Total OT Days: This column displays the number of overtime hours performed by each employee for the selected payroll month.
- Total OT Hours: This column displays the number of overtime hours paid for each employee for the selected payroll month.
- Total OT Earnings: Earnings are the amount that is payable/paid to the employee for overtime hours. Total OT Earnings = Total OT Hours(HH:MM) * Overtime Pay-Rate Calculator per hour (defined in overtime policy payout settings).
- Details: This column contains individual links for more details for each employee. From the Overtime Register details page, you can also download individual employee's overtime register report.
Downloading Overtime Register
You can download and share the details from this page. This report will include complete overtime details of all the employees for the required month. To download the OT register, perform the following actions:
- Select the required month from drop-down menu.
- Click download icon to download your Overtime Register.
Downloading Individual Employee's Overtime Register
In the overtime register details page, you can view the dates on which employee has done overtime, actual eligible overtime hours, actual considered hours by the OT admin in the OT Finalization page, wage rate/hrs. in Rs, earnings to the employee from overtime, description of OT whether it is arrear, reversal or regular OT, the date when the payroll is processed, policy assigned to the employee.
You can view and download all the details for individual employees from this page. This report will include complete overtime details of an employee for all the months. To download the register for an individual employee, perform the following actions:
- In the Overtime Register details page, click
- Click download icon to download your Overtime Register for the required employee.
Types of Overtime
- Regular Overtime: If an overtime date is within the current payroll period, it is considered as Regular Overtime.
- Arrear Overtime: If an unpaid or partially paid overtime hour is from an already processed payroll date, it is called as Arrear Overtime. Let us understand this with the help of an example. An employee has worked for 3 hours of overtime for the previous month of April. Admin has already paid for one hour in April. Admin needs to pay the employee in the current month of May for the remaining 2 hours of overtime done in April. The amount paid for 2 hours in the current month is the Arrear Overtime.
- Reversal Overtime: If an employee is already paid for certain hours of overtime done in the previous month of payroll and the overtime hours considered are being reduced for the month, in such case payment reversal needs to be done in the form of deduction. This is called Reversal Overtime.
Reprocessing the Overtime Payments
OT Reprocess is a smooth automated process. This option is enabled only when there is a change in overtime payout rates or salary revisions. In such a case, the system will alert admin with the following error message:
You can download the error report containing the information of the employees who are affected by the wage rate change. Admin can then reprocess the overtime payout as per the new calculation. To reprocess the overtime payouts click button.