greytHR enables you to generate the Form 16 statutory document easily. You can plan its various activities in a phased manner:
- Part A: This file contains Tax Deduction and Challan deposit details. Click Generate Form 16 to upload the collected Part A files from TRACES to greytHR. View employee count of pending/uploaded forms and employee name along with details like PAN number, annual tax, uploaded date etc.
- Part B: This file contains detailed break up of gross salary, tax exempt allowances paid to the employee and also of all tax breaks claimed by an employee. Click Generate Form 16 to upload the collected Part B files from TRACES to greytHR. View employee count of pending/uploaded forms and employee name along with details like PAN number, annual tax, digitally signed, generated date etc.
- Form 16: This file contains uploaded Part A and Part B from TRACES site. Click Generate Form 16 to upload the collected Part A and Part B files from TRACES to greytHR. View employee count of pending/uploaded forms and employee name along with details like PAN number, annual tax, uploaded date etc.
- Sign Now: Now, you can easily view the generated Form 16 batches (Part A and Part B) with digital signature pending. You can edit the batch and complete the digital signature process for the batch.
Click Payroll > Admin > Form 16 to view the Form 16 landing page.Click no. of employees
Click on no. of employees to generate Excel sheet of employees whose PAN number is not updated in the system.Form 12 BA Mapping
Click on Form 12 BA to open the Form 12 BA mapping page where you can map Form 12 BA items to perquisite components.
In the Form 16 landing page, click Generate Form 16 to start the Form 16 wizard.
If you are a first time user of TRACES, read the guidelines on how to download Part A and Part B. Click here to download the PDF tutorial on how to download Form 16.
In the Upload Part A page, clickto upload the zip file.
If the Form 24 Q challan details are updated in greytHR, the BSR Code/Receipt Number and other challan details are populated. The system displays four random PAN numbers along with the total amount deducted. You can copy this BSR Code/Receipt Number and other details from greytHR and paste them in the Traces website.
In the Verify Part A page, the uploaded file displays as follows:
You can clickthe error log file to verify if there are any errors to correct and then upload the zip file again. In any of the wizard page, you can download the Form 16 file as a PDF to verify its progress.
- Click Next to upload Part B. In the Upload Part B page, click
- In the Verify Part B page, the uploaded file displays as follows:
Click Next to generate Form 16.
If you select Merge Part A and Part B in System Settings, Part A and Part B will be merged and you can download it as a single file.
- A success message displays once generation is complete.
- Click Next to sign the Form 16 batch.
In the Sign page, log in to the Digital Signer (greytHR Digital Signer for Form 16)
Download the greytHR Digital Signer if you are signing the Part B files for the first time in greytHR. The latest version of the Form 16 digital signer is 1.0.2.clicking share
i. If you need to share the Form 16 batch with the authorized signatory in case you do not have the authority to sign Form 16, click on clicking share in the figure displayed above.
ii. Select the authority with whom you want to share the Form 16 batch and click Save. The batch is now shared with the respective user.
Follow the process of Digital Signer to publish the files.
Form 16 will publish based on your selection inof cover page/ Merging Part A and Part B/ Annexure B/ Form 12BA. A series of on-screen messages indicate the progress of the signing process.
- In the Sign page, view the completed status as follows:
In the Publish page, you can select the Status as Signed and view the employees whose Form 16 is ready to publish (2).
You can or email to required employees from this page or from the Form 16 landing page.
1. When you click Email, the mail template is displayed. To make changes to the template, click Edit Message.
2. Edit the message and click Save.
- Click to exit the wizard.
- Click Sign Now to view the Form 16 batches with digital signature pending. The list of active batches is displayed.
Click the pencil icon to edit the batch and complete the process of digital signature of Form 16. Follow the steps as mentioned above.
You can also click on the number pending in the Form 16 page to view the active batches which need to be digitally signed.
You can also watch how to generate Form 16 from the video below or by clicking here
This page has no comments.