The Shift page appears when you click Shift under the Attendance settings group. You can create shifts for your employees from this page. If a shift is already created, you can also see that from this page. The existing shift(s) appear with the shift colour, shift code, shift name, shift timing and the icon of the actions (edit and delete) that you can perform on them.
- If you have more than one shift for your employees, you can drag and drop them to change the order.
- The order in which you arrange the shifts on this page, also appears in the Shift drop-down list that appears on other pages.
Figure 1: Viewing the Shift Page
Perform the following steps to create a shift.
- Click +Add Shift. The Add Shift page appears.
Figure 2: Creating a Shift
- Type the shift name in the Shift text box.
- Type the shift code in the Shift Code text box. The value can be of maximum four characters.
- Define the In time and Out time for Session 1 and Session 2. Also define the grace period that you want to set for the two sessions.
- In the Shift In Margin text box, define the margin for your shift hours.
- Define the minimum hours for half and full day.
- Click Save. A message is displayed informing that the shift is created.
The created shift now appears on the Shift page displaying the shift colour, shift code, shift name, shift timing and icons of the actions (edit and delete) that you can perform on this shift.
You can edit or delete an already created shift from this page. Click the Edit Shift Info icon () to modify the details of an existing shift. Click the Delete Shift icon ( ) to delete an existing shift.
You cannot delete a shift that is linked to an Attendance Scheme.