greytHR enables you to create various letter templates that are relevant to your company's needs. In the Template Gallery, there are ready-made templates that you can use. Select the one that best suits your requirement. You can also edit the ready-made templates according to your needs. You can also start with a blank template and create the content as per your requirement.
To generate an Employment Letter, it is mandatory to create the template here first.
Perform the following actions to prepare a new letter template:
To create a letter template, perform the following actions:
- Navigate to Employee > Setup > Letter Template. You can also view existing templates.
- Click . The Letter Template page appears with a set of wizard that helps in creating the letter template.
- In the General section, type a name for the letter in the Title field. Later, this name appears on the Letter Template table.
Figure 1: Viewing Letter Template PageSelect the Enabled checkbox to display this letter under Employee > Admin > Prepare a Letter wizard.
Select a value from the Letter Number Series drop-down list. To further customize your value, click the Add a Letter Number Series icon  and type the required values to create your value string.
Figure 2: Adding Letter Number Series
Choose an appropriate template from the Mail Template drop-down list.
In the Custom Field section, type values if you require a new field in the letter, such as an employee's CTC,Grade or Location.
In the Paper Size drop down, select the appropriate paper size.
In the Orientation field, select the required orientation.
In the Media field, select one of the following options:
- Letterhead—select this option if you want to create your letter template with a letterhead. Define the top and botton margin for your letter head.
- Plain Paper—select this option if you do not want to create a letterhead. The default margin defined under System Settings are then considered.
- Click Next. The Content section appears.
Use the editor to create your letter. The editor allows you to copy and paste content from Word file without altering the format at all.
Double-click on any of the existing set of system fields appearing to the right, to insert that field in the letter. Use the Data Source filter to further customize your template.Contact and Emergency Address Inclusion in the Letter Template
- In the Data Source drop down, select Employee Address.
- Double click on contact address and emergency address macros to include them in the letter template.
Figure 3 - Including Contact and Emergency Addresses in the Letter Template
Click Next. The Preview section appears displaying a preview of the template. The fields that you have chosen, appear here with replaced values.
You can edit the default names and other values seen in this preview under Employee > Admin > Generate Letter > Prepare a Letter.
Click Finish. The new letter appears on the Letter Template page.
- You can download , edit [ ] or delete [ ] the template using the appropriate icons.
- The letter also appears under Employee > Admin > Generate Letter > Prepare a Letter.
This page has no comments.