The Admin can create a Multi Claim on behalf of an employee to combine all the multiple Single Claims, incurred in the course of a common purpose and keep a track of all such expenses.
You can navigate to Expense Claims > Claims List and search and select the employee for whom you want to add a claim.
Here are the following sequence of events associated with the creation of a Multi Claim.
Creating a New Multi Claim
Perform the following steps to create a new Multi Claim.
- In the Claims List page, click New Multi Claim. The Add multi claim page appears.
Figure 1: Creating a Multi Claim
- Type the title for the Multi Claim in the Title text box.
- In the Type field, choose the appropriate type for the Multi Claim from the drop-down list.
- In the From and To fields, choose the start date and end date from the calendar.
- Type the travel location in the Travel Location text box.
- In the Project field, choose the appropriate project from the drop-down list.
- Click Save. The Multi Claim is created and appears on the Claims List page.
On expanding a particular Multi Claim, the Advances, Claims and Summary tabs are displayed. As the names suggest, the Advances and Claims tabs displays the Advances and Single Claims associated with a Multi Claim. The Summary tab displays the summarised details of the advances, claimed and balance amount.
Adding Advances to the Multi Claim
Perform the following steps to associate an advance with a Multi Claim.
Expand the particular Multi Claim to which you want to add an Advance. The particular Multi Claim expands displaying the Advances, Claims and Summary tabs.
- Under the Advances tab, click Add Advance. The Add Advance tab opens.
Figure 2: Adding an Advance
- In the Currency field, choose the appropriate denomination from the drop-down list.
- Type the Advance amount in the Amount text box.
- In the Date field, choose a particular date from the calendar.
- In the Payment Type field, choose the appropriate mode of payment from the drop-down list.
- Type a remark in the Remarks field.
- Click Save. The Advance is recorded and appears under the Advances tab displaying the associated details.
The Advances tab displays the various Advances associated with the Multi Claim. You can see details about the Advances such as the amount, remarks, date of creation and so on. In addition to this, you can even edit or delete the Advances.
Adding Individual Claims to the Multi Claim
Once you have created a Multi Claim, you then need to add the individual claims to it. Perform the following steps to add an individual claim to a Multi Claim.
- Expand the particular Multi Claim to which you want to add an individual claim. The particular Multi Claim expands displaying the Advances, Claims and Summary tabs.
Under the Claims tab, click New Claim. Choose the appropriate claim form and then click Create Claim. A page for the chosen claim form appears displaying the claim number, creation date and various fields under the Apply tab.
Figure 3: Adding an Individual Claim
- In the Multi Claim field, choose the appropriate multi claim from the drop-down list. .
- Type the receipt number and claim date in the Receipt Number, Claim Date and Claim Amount text boxes, respectively.
- Click Browse to attach a relevant receipt or document associated with the claim items.
Type a remark in the Remarks text box.You can add multiple claim items as per your need after saving the current claim..
- Type the Travel From and Travel To in their respective text boxes.
- Type an additional remark in the General Remarks text box. This remark is helpful when you have multiple claim items. The remark can be a consolidated message related to all the claim items.
- Click Send for Approval. The claim is sent to the Reviewer for approval. Click Save if you want to save the claim for the time being and send for approval at a later point of time.
The individual claim is created and appears under the Claims tab displaying details about the claim number, creation date, claim item, amount, status of the claim and so on. You can add more individual claims to the Multi Claim by performing the steps listed in this procedure.
- Click the Delete this claim icon if you want to delete a particular claim that you have not yet submitted. However, once you have applied for a claim, you can still withdraw it by clicking the Withdraw button. Refer to Withdrawing Your Claim to know more about this.
- Click the and icons to sort the claims.
- The detailed claims tab will expand upon clicking on it. The Finalize Multi Claim button, under the Advances, Claims and Summary tabs will process the payout and close the claim.
Figure 4: Viewing the claims in detail
Submitting the Multi Claim
The Submit Multi Claim button appears at the bottom of the Advances, Claims and Summary tabs. On clicking Submit Multi Claim, all the advances and single claims associated with the Multi Claim, are submitted for approval.