You can upload Category Type using the Excel Importer.
Perform the following steps to import the Category Type components in bulk.
- Navigate to Employee > Admin > Excel Import. The Excel Import Log page appears.
- In the Importer Type field, type or select Category Type from the drop-down.
Click on Import From Excel. The Excel Importer page appears. A section appears with a link to download a sample Excel file.
Click the Download a sample file link to download a sample excel file. The file that you upload, must have data in the same format and order as mentioned in the sample file.
- Refer the downloaded sample file to create the excel file that you want to upload. This Excel file must have details such as description, visible and so on. You must save the Excel file in XLS and XLSX format.
- Click on Upload File and select the appropriate Excel file from your directory. The uploaded file appears in place of the Upload File button. Click appearing adjacent to the uploaded file if you want to cancel the selection and choose another file.
Figure 1: Uploading the Excel File
- Click Next. The Excel Importer Mapping section appears.
Figure 2: Mapping the Fields of the Imported Excel File
- For the fields appearing under the Fields From Excel column, select the corresponding field under the Mapped To column.
Click Next. The Excel Importer Validate section appears displaying the message, No new master found. Please click next to see the import result. This message implies that imported values map to system-defined values.
- Click Next. The Excel Importer page appears displaying a log of the actions performed. This page also displays the associated errors.
Figure 3: Viewing the Log of Actions Performed
- Click . The Category Type components are successfully imported
You can see the imported category type in employee Position History and also update the employee's position details from this page.